New IDEA Hub Fellowships & Project Funds!!!
Students from any discipline can apply for financial support to help move a project past the proof-of-concept stage and seed your enterprise ideas. Graduate students may apply for a quarter-length graduate fellowship, including tuition and fees for fall, winter, or spring.
Undergraduates and graduating seniors may apply for a 3- to 6-month fellowship. Use one quarter to move your project past the proof-of-concept stage and seed your enterprise idea.
Apply by November 3, 2017, by clicking here To answer the following questions:
1. What is you Name and email address
2. What are you team members names?
3. Team or Enterprise Name?
4. Project/business description in one sentence?
5. Project/business summary in 300 words?
6. Who will be the user, customer, or audience of your proposal/project/business? What value will your enterprise bring to these users?
7. Describe competing products or services and why your innovation offers a better solution.
8. Estimate the financial cost to develop our innovation and run your enterprise.
9. List potential sources of revenue to cover the cost to develop and run your enterprise.
10. What expertise and resources do you and members of your team bring to your enterprise?
11. Examples: charts, graphs, images, preliminary sketches, website, etc. Recommended: Upload all supportive material to a folder in your personal UCSC Google drive, get a share link to the folder, and paste the link in this field.
The Westly Foundation awards four $30,000 prizes to social change-makers under age 28 who attend school or have a permanent home in California. They’re looking for young people with novel solutions to community challenges who have prototyped their ideas and have plans to grow. They’re open to all forms of organization and any issue, so long as the innovator is making the world a better place.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PDT on October 15, 2017. The Westly Foundation has already started reviewing applications, so if you—or a young innovator in your network—want to stand out from the crowd and avoid the rush, apply today!
Learn more here and please spread the word to other young social entrepreneurs and innovators!